Selling books online: Marketplace vs. trade in sites
Selling books on Amazon and eBay takes a bit more time but they’re generally the best option for making more money and securing higher mark ups on prices, especially if your book is rare. You can also incorporate the cost of posting your book to your seller to make even more profit.
1. You will already have a seller account or will need to set up seller accounts
2. Do your research on how to price your book
3. List your book for sale with all details, including imagery, description, postage and packaging options
4. Once your book has sold, send it to your seller
5. Get paid!
Read more about how to sell your unwanted goods on eBay and things to consider.
Selling books on trade-in sites like ‘’Ziffit’’ or ‘’We Buy Books’’ is often much quicker and easier, but you can run the risk of being quoted a fraction of the price you could secure elsewhere. They will, however, create you a label for your sold items, meaning post and packaging is generally free.
1. Enter the ISBN number
2. Get a valuation
3. Print off labels and post
4. Get paid!